Locations far enough away to qualify for Cross Country that have BBQ:
- Merced Airport (KMCE) - Hangar BBQ
- Skidmark's Cafe at Apple Valley (APV)
- Am researching more options...
- Alaska - In the summer! Alaska is incredible from ground and water, I can only imagine it from the air.. some day...
- Angwin - I hear this runway sits on a bit of a plateau. The town is located north of the Napa Valley. I drove there last weekend, it took 3.5 hours. Next time I fly.
- San Andreas Fault - I want to fly the San Andreas fault and photograph the wrinkles in the earth.
- Pinnacles - Have to maintain > 2000 AGL, but want to see that extinct volcano crater.
- Montana - anywhere in Montana, that is "Big Sky Country". I've never been to Montana. I think that is the only state I've never been to and I want to see the big sky.
- Monument Valley - I want to go back there, early in the morning in a slower plane and take many pictures.
- Mariposa-Yosemite Airport - I've done mock flight plans to this airport a couple times. Its near Yosemite and I've only driven through Yosemite twice in my life. Never really spent good time there.
- Chico - We have some friends that live up there. Would be fun to visit.
- Bermuda Dunes - Timeshare down there, good long cross country flight practice.
- Half Moon Bay - Have to do that :)
- Willows - would be fun for me to fly to Willows. Thunderhill, here I come!
- San Diego (somewhere) - used to live in San Diego, beautiful place
- Carlsbad - CA and NM :)
- Sedona - another place I'd like to spend more time exploring from the air
- Idaho Falls - and areas around that. Idaho is a beautiful place from the ground, my brother lives there, would like to explore the area more
View Flight Log Flight Plan in a larger map.