Tuesday, September 6, 2011

PTS Manuevers - Steep Turns

Another PTS Maneuver, steep turns. Steep turns are done at a 45 degree bank angle and you have to keep the plane + or - 100 ft of the altitude you start at, which is harder than it seems when you're a newbie like me. However, keep on practicing and I am getting the hang of it.

Here is a steep turn to the right.

In this turn I ran into my own wake and the plane did a little "bump" at the end.. that made me happy.

Steep turns to the left was something I was struggling with .. but when I finally found something to sight along (a line of rivets on the cowling of the plane) to use as a reference to keep the nose in the right spot. I am able to do them to the left too. Not perfect, but well within PTS spec. Check steep turns off the list. Next and last thing to get consistent on... soft field landings!

No comments:

Post a Comment