|Portion of an Approach Plate describing|
the missed approach procedure from TCY.
- Stop descent at DH/MDA
- Proceed to MAP
- At MAP cram, climb, clean - establish Vy on runway heading
- Determine heading to fly for missed
- Turn to heading and continue climb
- Communicate: "on the missed"
- Set up for next approach
- Level off - pitch, slow power, trim
- Fly radar vectors/headings/altitudes as instructed
- Fly next approach once established & cleared
Keep in mind all of this is to be done without the benefit of natural horizon, heading indicator and attitude indicator. All of those things that you've learned to depend on to stay safe... out the window. That's what makes partial panel so challenging, this is practicing an emergency procedure.
You know, I should give myself credit for knowing what that procedure means, being able to fly it and being able to understand what that picture of the chart is telling me. Yeah, I'm not doing bad at all! Just goes to show, study and practice anything long enough and you'll be amazed at what you can do without even thinking about it.