Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas

This mug is probably the best Christmas gift ever. 

It's Christmas Day... there's a cold wind blowing in the clear blue skies, stirring the tree tops above and pushing popcorn clouds past the window. It's a great day to stay indoors and enjoy. As I write this I'm watching, for the bazillionth time, A Christmas Story. My husband is taking a nap and my daughter is visiting her boyfriend's family. My brothers and sisters are in 5 different states and my parents are at their homes. I desperately miss my family on days like today. But I can smile too... I was able to see my brothers and sisters and their families and my Dad and step Mom for a fantastic week in St. George Utah this year. And, I completed my CFI this year. To top it off and bring a tear to my eye, my brother sent me this mug. That's a photo of me flying the Arrow I trained in for so long. The name of this blog, my nickname and CFI 2015. I am so blessed.

I'm writing this to share this wonderful gift with you because it makes me smile and we should always share what makes us smile. I'm also writing to wish all who have read this blog over the years the very Merriest of Christmases and a Happy New Year. I wish you all the opportunity to reflect on the people who have made your lives richer by their presence. If you are very lucky you will be with some of them. Reflect on the memories of people who have flown west but are always in your heart. Reflect on the challenges and accomplishments of the year and the joy of just being alive.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment