Monday, May 2, 2011

Isaiah 40:31

But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

Those who know me know, I am not one to quote bible verse. But I saw this chapter and verse cited by someone who is struggling in her flight training (like me and so much not like me, she's going through the check ride process to be a CFI, I am just trying to get my license to fly!) and I thought I would look it up.

I am at a low right now, I have not run in a month, I struggle to walk up the stairs without some feeling some shortness of breath, my flight training has been feeling like I'm going backwards rather than forward. I am feeling so close to giving up. But then I see a verse like the above. And I think if I just don't give up, if I have some faith in the process, and hold onto some hope that things will get better, they will get better. I will be able to soar like an eagle with my own pilots license and run again and even walk again without thinking about breathing.

No, I'm not one to quote the bible, and I'm not one who expects the LORD to come up and save me. But I do trust that there is a reason for what happens, there is some rhyme to the universe and I think I've said before, I believe I was shown the joy of flight because that is where I belong - flying. So I'll try to take the appearance of this particular bible verse in my life today as a sign saying "don't give up". And I'll try not to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment