Tuesday, June 4, 2013

DSWT - Interlude - 3 Years of Flying

I will post about my trip to Sedona and landing here in a day or two.. for now I have finished my flight planning for tomorrow's IFR flight plan from Sedona to Van Nuys after a wonderful day and a half exploring Sedona by car and by helicopter. I have to get to sleep soon.


I post today to celebrate the day, three years ago, that I first took the controls of a small plane. I was scared to death and sitting in the right seat. On June 4th 2010,  my husband's CFI took me up for my first "Pinch Hitter" flight. The idea was to teach me enough about flying an airplane that, in case my husband had a heart attack or something, I would be able to communicate an emergency, find an airport, get the plane to an airport, safely crash land the plane and walk away. From the moment I took the controls, I was hooked and haven't looked back.

So, to celebrate 3 years of flying I share with you a picture I took from the Sky Ranch Lodge on Airport Mesa in Sedona last night. A place I wouldn't be staying at and specific view I probably never would have seen if I didn't do that flight 3 years ago today. My life will never be the same and I am glad!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your third anniversary! You've come a L O N G way and yes, doing a lot more than Pinch Hitting! Please fly safe!

    ReplyDelete