Tuesday, June 18, 2013

One Yellow Piece of Paper

I guess I'm a bit of a dinosaur, but I use paper and pen and a kneeboard to write down all information when in the plane. Be it clearances, weather, frequencies, or whatever I may need. Looking at my most recent piece of paper from my most recent flight, from Montgomery Field in San Diego to Reid-Hillview in San Jose, I see a full record of that flight. Step by Step. So please allow me to geek out a bit and walk you through a 2.9 hour flight described in one piece of yellow paper.
1) Tail Number, departure and destination

2) Hobbs and tach readings at start and finish of the flight and total hobbs time

3) My initial clearance and two modified clearances received during the flight

4) Frequencies and altitudes assigned to me by ATC on the way

5) Descent plan

6) ATIS at my departure and destination airports

7) Oil and gas used for the flight

All of this information, a rather complete description of my flight, captured on one piece of yellow paper. I think it's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment